The West Fertilizer Plant Explosion has brought lawyers in from all over Texas and beyond. There are families hurting and people in need of help. Some of those affected by the West Fertilizer Plant Explosion will be fine without any legal help. Others affected by the West Fertilizer Plant Explosion will need legal assistance, especially those heroes - the first responders - who are in deep pain right now.
When choosing an attorney, whether as a result of the West Fertilizer Plant Explosion or any other reason, you should consider carefully these guidelines for selecting your attorney:
- Does the attorney promise me a great outcome? No attorney can predict the outcome especially this early. Certainly, it looks very good right now for liability against the West Fertilizer Plant and any death case has substantial damages. However, no one knows how much insurance or corporate assets are available to pay any claims. Consequently, no attorney can truthfully tell you how your case will turn out.
- Does the attorney explain my case to me in understandable terms? If the attorney does not put your case in plain english, how will he put it in plain english for the jury? Lawyers who talk to you like you are a lawyer or are too impatient to explain things to you will become tiresome later on.
- Does the attorney have the experience and ability to handle a complicated personal injury or property damage case? I am a Board Certified Attorney and I have both prosecuted and defended hundreds of personal injury cases including plant injuries, explosions, plant deaths and hundreds of property damage claims. Check the attorneys' background.
- Do I feel comfortable with the attorney? Can he talk to me in a way that I can understand? Does he treat me like a person or source of income?
- Does the attorney get along with regular people? Why is that important? Because regular people are the kind of people who are going to be on the jury. Not Type A, driven, impatient, fancy dressed attorneys. If your attorney does not seem to relate to regular people, then he is going to have a hard time getting along with the jury in your case.